Monday, February 1, 2016

Sunday, January 31, 2016

I feel like it has been FOREVER since I last wrote a weekly email. I am failing! Ha! This week was another good week. I feel bad because I always say that my weeks are good. I have never really had a bad week, her in the field, which I guess is a huge blessing.

Sister Mendez and I are still well; healthy physically, spiritually and mentally...and she's still the cutest thing ever. Sister Mendez and I get along really well and I pretty sure there was not a day this week that went by and we did not laugh. :)

The work here in Taytay is still progressing and I LOVE IT!! Our area has so much potential and there are so many people who are willing and rad to hear our message. Sometimes, we have "too many" people to teach. (Is that even possible?) We talk to so many people throughout the day, set up so many appointments, and our weeks fill up pretty quickly, which is a huge blessing. We are always  reminded at mission meetings how much of a blessing it is to be assigned to the Philippines. There are SO many people here that are just waiting for the gospel. I am convinced that the Philippines, Quezon City Mission in the best mission in the world!  I will just leave it at that. Haha!

I wanted to share a couple of thoughts from mine and Sis. Mendez's New Testament reading a couple of nights ago...so, we were reading in Matthew, Chapter 11, versus 29-30...read it!!  One principle of the gospel that we touch a lot on, as missionaries, is faith...and how with faith, all things are possible. Jesus Christ teaches us in these versus that his "yolk" is light ....that his "yolk" is bearable. Sometimes we tend to think that the things we are challenged with in this world are too much to carry; we just can't do them.

Sometimes we take things upon ourselves that were never meant to be carried just by us.. Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us, each of us has a personalized plan from him. But, one thing we all have in common is the atonement of Jesus Christ. When we place our faith in him, we start to realize that our "yolk" becomes lighter. We start to realize that things become easier and more bearable, when we start to have faith in the plan that our Heavenly Father has for us. We begin to realize that our "yolks" were never meant to be carried on our own;and because of atonement of the savior, Jesus Christ, we do not have to carry them alone. We cross referenced the scripture in Matthew 11 to the BOM: 1Ne 7:12.

Faith has become one of my favorite principles of the gospel and my testimony about faith continues to grow each and every day. Everything in life starts with faith; taking the first step. I challenge all of you this week to "take the first step" in something you've been hesitant about. Have faith that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will help you with...whatever it is.

I testify that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live. I know that if we have faith, especially faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ, anything is possible. I love you all SO much and I hope that you have an amazing week! Hugs and kisses all the way from the Philippines.

Love,

Sis. Leausa




No comments:

Post a Comment