Monday, February 15, 2016

Sunday, February 14, 2015

Hi Everyone!

Its almost time for another transfer! Ahhh!! so crazy. I kid you not, time has never gone by so fast in all my life. I hate it. I just want to be a missionary forever; I love this work. The week was another great one, siempre ;). Sis. Mendez and I are almost done with her first 6 weeks of training, our area is doing so, so well right now, and each week we grow stronger and wiser as a companionship. I love it so much.

My message for this week comes from our sacrament service  yesterday. I loved it so much. I don't know how many of you have ever heard or seen the little cartoon thing about the husband, the wife, their donkey, and the critics...but if you haven't seen/read it or have heard about it, look it up. It should be easy to find. The moral of the cartoon is that no matter what you do in life, people are going to judge you. People are always going to find something wrong with the way you do things. Welcome to missionary life.

As missionaries, sometimes, all people want to do is find something wrong with the message we have. They'll try and start a bible bash with us. They  will tell us that what we are preaching is wrong...tons of stuff. The brother in sacrament meeting yesterday, Bro. Ocampo, related the cartoon to 3 Ne. 27:27 - "What manner of men ought ye to be? " Bro. Ocampo connected the cartoon and the scripture verse by explaining that no matter what people have to say about us, no matter what people may think of us, we always need to strive to be like one person, Jesus Christ. That then led me to think about the atonement. Through the atonement of Jesus Christ, we are able to change; we are able to gain a new outlook on life, on ourselves, and of God.  Through the atonement of Jesus Christ, we can become like him.

No matter what we do in life, people are going to judge and criticize us. People always think that there is a "better" way to do things their way but I am convinced, and I know, that the "best" way is Jesus Christ's way in order to become like him. We have to forget about the world and their opinions. We have to forget about what they think is right and do what we know to is right.

I challenge each of you this week to forget about the world and their opinions.....and live for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ :) the only opinions that will ever matter are theirs.

I love you all so much and I hope that you have a great week. Muuuaahhh!

Mahal kita!

Sis. Leausa

"Sister Mendez thought it would be funny to start a water fight while we were doing our laundry."

"Happy Valentines Day" 


"This is as close as I am getting to IG for the next year. Hahaha!"

"Some things never change - ice cream and a cell phone."

"This is Brother Andy. He is my Filipino Grandpa. I don't have much of a memory of  my Granddad Solari but Tatay Andy sure does remind me of him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment