Monday, January 18, 2016

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Hi Mama!

Ay naku! This week has been so busy and productive. My new companion, Sister Mendez is so stinking cute. I am so blessed to have her as my trainee. She really is an answer to my prayer. She is also from the city of  Isabela, just like Sister Bergonia. Sister Mendez and Sister Bergonia do not know each other so it will be fun to introduce them when we are all together next month. I will definitely have to come back to my mission and visit the city of Isabela now that I know more than one person from here.

Sister Mendez celebrated her 21st birthday on the 15th and we had dinner at the Mentoy family's home. They bought her a cake and a card and it was really sweet. We will be returning for my birthday on the 20th by their request so that should be wonderful as well. Sister Mendez has finished college and has her bachelor's degree in legal management. She is the youngest of seven children and so full of energy. I LOVE IT! She brings such a strong spirit to our work and the way she makes connections with people and the gospel is amazing. She for sure makes my job as a trainer and senior companion fun and exciting.

I am still loving the work and every day I witness the Lord's hands in my life . I love every minute of being a missionary! I finished the BOM again last night. I totally took for granted the gospel before my mission.I always heard people say that the BOM has the power to change lives. I did not really get it.  Now that I am totally lost in the Lord's work, I understand. It is by far the best feeling I have ever felt in my life. I have never felt so close to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

I am not the same person as I once was. The desires of my heart have changed, my mind set has changed. The way I look at life is totally different and it is all because of the atonement of Jesus Christ. He has healed the scars of my past and filled my heart with love, forgiveness and hope. I am forever in dept to my Heavenly Father for saving ME.

I love you mom and I pray for your health and well being every night. I hope that you have a great week and don't forget to start that food storage.  Oh....and please feed the missionaries.

Love,

Sis. Leausa

Sister Leausa and Sister Mendez

Mentoy Family

No comments:

Post a Comment