Monday, January 11, 2016

Monday, January 11, 2016

Oh man, oh man, oh man!

Where do I even begin?  This last week has been a roller coaster of emotions and things to get done; busy, busy busy! I am happy to report that Sis. Alma Espiridion was baptized this last Saturday. :) Woohoo! She gave such a beautiful testimony after her baptism about the power of prayer and faith and how it has really helped her get to where she is in her life right now. It was great. Now that 4 of the 9 members of the Espiridion family are baptized, we will focus on Bro. Randall and their eldest son, Roswald, who is 18.

President Revillo has asked all missionaries to really focus on families, complete families. The message of the restored gospel is special, no doubt. But it is even more special when we are able to share it with families. I testify that the gospel of Jesus Christ was made for families. When I first met the Espiridion family, their family relationship wasn't the best, and neither was their home situation. After accepting the gospel and the blessings that come from being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, this family is like ....totally brand new. They are so much happier and there is so much more love within their family. I just love the little miracles that our Heavenly Father continues to work here in the Philippines. I love being a missionary.

So, some exciting/scary news. President Revillo called me yesterday morning that I have been called to be a trainer...WHAT?!  Of course, I was cool, calm and collected while I was on the phone with him. But, once I hung up...I had no clue what I had just said, "yes" to. Haha! There were , and still are, so many thing running through my head. Like, how the heck am I supposed to help a new missionary become a "great" missionary when I am still learning how to be one myself? What if she is a foreigner and I have to help her learn Tagalog? I barely know the language myself.  There are just so many thing running through my mind.

One thing I do know, though, is that my Heavenly Father loves me. And, even though I am scared out of my mind, I know that He is counting on me to take care of my sister. I know He knows that we need each other and that through faith and hard work, we will be able to work miracles here in Taytay. This also means that I will not be transferring this week which is a-ok with me because I love my area and I love my ward.

Even though I am scared for this transfer, I am oh, so very excited. (Ether 12:27). Here goes the best learning experience of my life.  Pray for me!  Haha!

Mahal ko kayong lahat! Sana magkaroon kayo ng magandang lingo :)

Sis. Leausa

"This is a member, Sis. Rabulan,  who makes all my cases for my planners.  I love her."

Sister Leausa and Sister Bergonia

Sister Leausa and Sister Lonitenisi (from Tonga). 

The Espiridion Family

Sister Leausa and Sister Swanson

"Mom, this was so expensive but I had to buy it.
Chips and salsa have been my dinner for the past three nights."

Sister Bergonia and Sister Leausa 
"We had to build our own closets this week." 

Elder Barreno, Elder Satur
"These two elders are hilarious. They make the mission so much fun."


"This is a jeepny. All of the designs are different on each one.
This is how we get around town."





No comments:

Post a Comment