Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Tuesday, December 23, 2015

Hello Mom,

My week was loooong but oh so good. Yesterday Sister Bergonia and I were able to take our recent converts, the Espiridion family on a temple trip with our ward. Here, a temple trip just means that we take them on a tour of the grounds. Of course they cannot go inside, so we did the temple grounds and since the MTC is right across the street, we took them there too. Arjan is 16 and has plans to serve a mission in two years so he really enjoyed the MTC part. Sister Alma, the mama, absolutely loved the temple. She told us that she felt so at peace and so take away from the world and that none of her problems mattered. There was such a strong spirit yesterday, and of course, during Christmas, the temple has lights so we stayed to see them and the little kids LOVED them.  There is definitely a special spirit at Christmas.

As missionaries, our job is to help people come closer to Christ, strengthen testimonies, and increase their faith. If only the Espiridion family knew how much of an example they are to me. I absolutely love them. They have such a hard life and yet nothing in the world is strong enough to break their faith. The Espiridion family is definitely our little miracle family. Sister Alma, the mama, will be baptized on January 2 with the oldest kid, Roswald 18, hopefully on January 16. :)

I cannot thank my Heavenly Father enough for the people he has placed in my life. For the examples of faith he's shown me in the people that I've been called to serve. As much as I wish I could be home for the holidays, there is no where I'd rather be than here in the Philippines with the Espiridion family.

I hope you are having such a good week and I am SO excited to SKYPE with you on Christmas.  I love you so much mama and I will SEE you in a couple of days.

Sis. Leausa








Silly girls......




No comments:

Post a Comment