Monday, September 28, 2015

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Hello Family and Friends :)

Oh man this week has been such a good one! Sis. Devi and I have another family that we've been teaching; a dad, Romeo, a mom, Raya, and their 8 year old son JahyR. They were the highlight of my week this week. I was introduced to this family the second day I got here. I fell in love with them instantly. We taught them a lesson on Saturday night and asked Romeo how he was doing with all the commitments that we had placed with him; specifically the Word of Wisdom. He told us that he had relapsed Friday night at a party with some friends. Sis. Devi and I were heartbroken. His original baptism date was 10/10. But because of this little incident we had to re-extend the date to 10/17.

I was inspired at that moment to share with Romeo and his family the story of Alma and King Lamoni. (Alma 22:15-16). The spirit was so strong in the lesson and while we were teaching that story, Romeo and his wife started to cry. When we first teaching Raya, she wasn't really interested. She just wanted to listen. She saw the change in Romeo and JahyR and wanted to know what was going on. So she joined in one day.

The lesson we had Friday night with them ...Raya committed to baptism! She said, "I want to be baptized for my family," in Tagalog of course. haha!  The lesson was so powerful and the spirit was so strong. :) The Ylagan Family baptism is set for October 17. We are hoping and praying that everything goes as planned.

Saturday, we got to attend a stake activity. It was National Family Week" in the PI last week. So our entire stake gathered at the stake center to play games and what not. You guys know how stake activities work.

I want you ALL to read Alma 22 and when you get to versus 15-16, ask yourself, "What am I willing to give up to gain eternal life?" Everyone has something they can improve on. I see the gospel change people's lives EVERY DAY. I see the strength it give to families. I absolutely love being a missionary and I love the miracles I am able to witness because of missionary work.

Mahal na mahal ko kayo lahat!

Sis. Leausa

P.S. Welcome home Sister Shanece Leausa #1!  Job well done, sissy. :)


She  was so happy to run into her very first companion, Sister Swanson, this week at an activity. 












No comments:

Post a Comment