Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Hello,

This week has been another great one! We met a family this week who I am absolutely IN LOVE with; a mom, a dad, and their 15 year old daughter, RubyMae. There aren't enough words to describe how much hope I have for this family. They're so incredible! My mama will post my experience with them on the blog. It's too much to type here. Hah! I don't really have much to write this week since I wrote you guys on Wednesday. :)

The work is still so great; hard but great. My body is sore from all the walking but I love it! Oh! About the pic with the laundry. Yeah, I though playing college volleyball was hard? SIIIIIKE! Laundry is NO joke here in the Philippines. Hahaha! It took me a good 2 hours to do my laundry last week. And I get to do it all again, today. Yay! (sarcasm included).

Kay, that is all I've got this week. I hope you guys are well and I love you guys so much! I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. I'm so in love with the Book of Mormon. I see it change people's lives every day. If it can change people's live, here in the Philippines, I KNOW it can do the same for you. The only way to know whether it can or not is to read it and pray about it.

I hope you all have a great week.

Sister Leausa

___________________________________

Here is the story Sister Leausa is referring to:

Mom...so the family is a dad, mom, and a 15 year old daughter name RubyMae. I cannot remember the parents names right now but they are adorable. The dad is a construction worker and the mom runs the store they have. The dad at first looked so rough and tough. He was not home the first time we taught RubyMae. He came home the first time right after we finished the lesson. The dad was asking us all these questions and we were kind of scared.

Here in the PI you have to gain the father's trust and respect before anything progresses. We returned last week for a second lesson with RubyMae and she said she wanted us to wait for her dad to get home. He wanted to hear our message! He is looking for the truth! I have goosebumps! Our lesson with them this last week was SO amazing. For some reason I feel like they are my "special' family" that was talked about when I got set apart. I am so excited about this family and really do hope they get baptized some day.


The streets were flooded last night on their way home.

The laundry struggle is real! :)

Her favorite...the children of Quezon City.




No comments:

Post a Comment