Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Magandang Umaga ang pamilya at mga kaibigan ko!! (Good morning my family and my friends.)

Oh man, my first week in the field has been SO amazing! I have a new companion, Sis. Devi. She's from Nausori, Fiji. She's my nanay (mama); which also means shes my trainer. haha! I love her so much and am so grateful to have her as my companion. We get along so well. She's a convert and has been a member for two years now. :)

So, about my week. My first couple of days I wasn't scared, but I wasn't confident either. I was kind of just in shock, I guess you could say. I was just trying to take in the fact that I live in the Philippines. Our lessons the first couple of days went really well. I was introduced to three investigators who have baptisms scheduled for October 10. Oh man, I am so excited and they are so ready. Its a dad, Romeo, his son Jay-R, and their roommate, Mario.  I am so excited for them.

We have a lot of less active members so our primary focus, other than new investigators is our less active brothers and sisters. WE WALK EVERYWHERE! When I come home and am a size 6, you can thank the Philippines humidity for that. It is so hot! Right now it is rainy season so it rains every single day. And when it rains, it RAINS! Like FLOODS! It is crazy, but I love it.

Oh, my first area is Quezon City South. Let's see, so Monday, Sis Devi and i had such a hard day. It was pouring outside and all of our appointments fell through and when we tried to talk to people, no one wanted to listen. We didn't know what to do and we definitely didn't know where to go after being "blunted" (rejected) for the millionth time. We decided to stop and say a little prayer.

We asked Heavenly Father to show us where to go. We waited for a couple of minutes and then continued walking....about 5 minutes into walking we found a family and had such a beautiful lesson with them. Sweet little tender mercies from the Lord.

Yesterday night, Tuesday, we had a dinner appointment with the Gonzales family (members). It was SOOOO good!  We had Sinigang. I don't know how to explain it but its like stew with pork and green in it and of course you eat rice. You eat everything here with rice!  Breakfast, lunch and dinner. My first real Filipino dish :) sobrang masarap!

This work is by far the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but I absolutely love it. There aren't words to describe how close I feel to my savior. I am so extremely grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary.

I love you all so much and hope you are all reading the BOM and praying everyday. I can promise you that so many blessings come from keeping the commandments of our Heavenly Father. Mahal na mahal ko kayo!!

Sister Leausa






Of course my favorite part about being a missionary is the kids!

1 comment: