Sunday, August 16, 2015

Letter dated: August 13, 2015

Hello My Mama :)

Please give a special thank you to my Soifua family and Marcina and Lori for the care packages! I love them! Tell them that I love them too; tell everyone that! HA! I got a letter from Dad last week and it made me cry though because what he said made me miss home.

Mom, I love this "job" so much. It's only been three weeks since I've started, but I don't ever want it to end and I know it will only get better in the Philippines. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of days that I struggle. Right now I'm struggling with learning the language of the spirit. Some mornings it feels impossible to wake up, and some nights my brain won't let me go to sleep because it's too busy trying to make sentences in Tagalog (which by the way is coming along GREAT!).

Being a missionary is hard but it is so extremely joyful. I've never been happier. One of my favorite things about the gospel is that it is for EVERYONE. There is no one on the face of the earth who doesn't need Jesus Christ and his atonement. There isn't a single soul whose life won't be blessed by the gospel.

EVERYONE needs the message us missionaries share. You and I both know I'd be lost without the gospel. I owe my life, my whole entire life to the Lord; without him I am nothing. I love the scriptures, they contain so much truth and strengthen my testimony so much.

I love you, Ma with everything I have in me. I cannot wait to experience the eternities with you. Families are FOREVER. Me, you, and granddad are going to have so much to catch up on. :)

Mahal po ako sa inyo (I love you)

Sis. Leausa





No comments:

Post a Comment