Saturday, August 22, 2015

12 more days at the MTC

Kathleen and I exchanged emails this morning and as usual she sounds so happy and is thoroughly enjoying what she is doing.  She sounds so ready to head out into the mission field. She got her flight plans yesterday and she and her companion Sister Swanson will be leaving on September 3 at 7:15 am. They will fly from Salt Lake City to San Francisco, then San Francisco to Hong Kong and finally Hong Kong to Manila.

"Mom, I can't believe that I have less than two weeks! My last full week here at the MTC is this coming week. So crazy! Sister Swanson is doing great :) I absolutely love her. Heavenly Father knew I would need her to make it through the MTC."

I asked her if she was getting excited to leave for the Philippines and this is what she said, "In all honesty, I'm extremely scared. I've been here for so long that I feel like the MTC is my assigned mission. Hahahaha as it gets closer, I get more scared."

Kathleen also told me that she and her companion  have been called as the "sister training leaders" which means that they are in charge of all the sisters in their district. That's my girl right there!!








No comments:

Post a Comment