Monday, November 9, 2015

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Grabe! Malapit tayo sa December!

I can't believe its already November! :) I've seriously been slacking on my "weekly emails." MY BAD. So much has happened  in the last two weeks. So much that I can't remember it all. My days are all mashed together here. What I do know, though, is that the work is definitely hastening. And that's all that matters. I hope this email gets to all of you in the best of health and happiest of spirits.

So, the other night Sis. Devi and I were on our way home from our last appointment and we were talking about how stinky, sweaty and sticky we were (life in the PI). The next morning during personal study, I was thinking about always being stinky, sticky and sweaty and I related it to missionary life.

The 3 S's of Missionary Life:

Stinky: In one of our district meetings, our DL mentioned this quote, "our attitudes are the aroma of our hearts." Having a positive attitude changes EVERYTHING. Having a positive attitude about praying and reading the scriptures will create a love for them. As missionaries, we have to be positive and have an eternal perspective about everything. Our investigators might not progress the way WE want them to, but I am sure they are progressing in the way THE LORD wants them to. And, really, in the end, that is all that matters.  Everything happens in His time. We might not always smell so sweet (LOL) but our attitudes and the "aromas" of our hearts need to be.

Sticky: We want our investigators to "stick" to the gospel. We want them  to keep their commitments so that their relationship with Heavenly Father will strengthen; so that their desire to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized will increase.

Sweaty: If we are not sweating, we are not working hard enough! If we aren't sweating that means we are not getting to enough appointments; we are not giving our best to share the gospel with everyone we can in that day. And, those who are not hearing the gospel are not receiving the blessings that come from it, the blessings we know that they need. Everyone needs the gospel. If we are not getting to everyone that we need to, people are getting "left behind."

"Ohana means Family. Family means NOBODY gets left behind."

Being a missionary is by far my favorite thing in the world. Being stinky, sweaty and sticky before I came on my mission used to bug me like crazy. But, when looking at it as a missionary....it has a totally different meaning.

Navubuhay sina Jesucristo at Diyos! Mahal ko po ang ebanghelyo nila. Alam ko po ang simbahan ni Jesucrito mg mga banal sa mga huling araw ay totoo. Mahal na mahal ko kayong lahat at nagpapasalamat ako para sa inyong support at pagmamahal. :)

I love this work so much and am so blessed to be a servent of the Lord. I hope and pray that you will have an amazing week.

Sis. Leausa




So glad she received her package from home.



Sister Kathleen Leausa and Elder Esaia Soifua
Second cousins serving together in Quezon City. 



No comments:

Post a Comment