Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Sunday, June 26, 2016


magandang umaga po sa inyong lahat! :) 

(good morning everyone!) 



Before i get to the good stuff..i hit 11 months this past week! ahh! SO crazy! im still amazed at how fast the time goes. like, can it slow down just a little bit ? :/ we had our last zone conference this past week with President and Sister Revillo. its so crazy to think that they wont be my mission parents anymore...starting thursday! crazy, crazy. what else happened this week? the work was weak! :/ as hard as we try, as long and far as we walk, people still just dont seem interested. *sigh* hopefully, this week will be better! :) alright, lets get to the "good" stuff :) 

A couple weeks ago, the sister training leaders sent out a mass text to all us sisters in their route. the text included this quote from Elder Holland, member of the quorm of the 12 apostles: 

"HEAVENLY FATHER LOVES YOU JUST FOR TRYING."

Instantly fell in love with it :) there have been countless times on my mission where i feel like a complete failure; when we have days with no lessons because were punted all day, when people all of a sudden lose interest in the gospel, when people dont show up to baptismal services, when my companion and i argue and fight...theres tons of time ive fle like nothing but a failure in the lords work. it was actually on that day, the day the sister training leaders sent the text, that i was at one of my lowest points on my mission. it was such a simple quote but it gave me SO much inspiration and made me feel more loved than ive ever felt in my life :) 

A lot of times on my mission, i think that being a missionary means being perfect, perfect like christ. hahaha! yeah, go ahead and laught at that one, because i did too ;) what am i thinking? thinking that i can be as perfect as christ? haha! ive learned that its not about BEING perfect, but about BECOMING perfect. and BECOMING perfect means that ive gotta fail sometimes. like the prophet lehi told his sons in the Book of Mormon, in 2 Nephi 2:11, there must needs be an opposition is all things. if i didnt fail every now and then, i wouldnt ever understand what perfection means, right? everyons familiar with the saying, "practice makes perfect," im sure the "perfectionsist" was a "failure" long before he ever reached perfection. learning this lesson isnt easy because all i want is to be a "perfect" missionary for my heavenly father and the people we share the gospel with...but ive, weve, got to remember that we cant ever fail in the lords work when were doing the best we can :) and even if i/we do "fail," if weve tried our best, he still loves us :) 

I know that we all have our down days and days when we feel like weve totally failed..BUT, i hope and pray this week, that you remember he loves you just for TRYING :) 

I leave you this week with another one of my favorite quotes:

"TRIUMPH usually comes from putting a little more 'UMPH' in your 'TRY' "

-Thomas S. Monson 

I love you all sooooo much and hope you have an amazing week! :) 

Sis. Leausa







"I can't believe that Sister Devi goes home in a couple of weeks."


"It's so crazy to me that my sweet little mission parents are going "home: this week."










No comments:

Post a Comment