Monday, August 8, 2016

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Hi everyone :) 

Another good week here in taguig; week 4! so crazy, it seems like just last week the transfer started and its already almost done. GOOD NEWS! sister jueco will be getting baptized on Aug 20. whoohoo! sister peralta and i are soooo excited for her! brother jueco and their son, ralph, will hopefully be baptized sometime in Oct. brother jueco still has to work on his word of wisdom challenges; hes doing AMAZING! what else, what else? AY! i have a new found love for ISAW :) (grilled chicken intestine). hahah! i promised myself when i first entered the field that i would NEVER eat it...saturday afternoon we were out working and sister peralta says, "nanay, lets eat isaw!" i told her she was crazy and that i would NEVER eat it...after 10 minutes of her whining and telling me im not a "real" pilipina if i didnt try it, i gave in. haha! and it was actually really good :) "taste like chicken!' ;) our area right now is slowly, but surely progressing. there isnt a day that goes by that we dont witness the Lord's hand in our work :)

Before i go, i must leave you with my favorite scripture ever :) i am SO extremely grateful for the blessings ive received here on my mission. nothing makes me happier than sharing the gospel of jesus christ and the blessings that come with it. we teach families who, sometimes, have absolutely nothing; spiritually, physically, and financially. and the minute we introduce the hope and happiness found within the gospel, they seem to have EVERYTHING. my brothers and sisters here in the philippines mean absolutely everything to me. they have helped me become the woman and missionary that i am today. people always think that missionaries are such a blessing in their lives. if only they knew how much they meant to us, how much of a blessing they are to our lives :)


"And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me."

Alma 29:10


I love you all so so much and hope that you all have an amazing week! :) take time to notice the lords hand and blessings in your life. i promise you, itll surprise you how near he really is :) muuaaahhh!!!

Sister K. Leausa

pics: ISAW :)

Mendez is finally training :) im a lola (grandma) now :) 


"Nanay Escobia's Birthday. One of my favorite Nanays here in Taugig."


"Tell Dad that we pass by this gas station every night and it reminds me so much of him when we used to go on road trips in the semi truck. To be honest, it makes me a little home sick. haha!"

"Had zone interviews workshops this week.  Got to see my cute little anks (kids). "


"I have a new found love for ISAW (grilled chicken intestine)."

"Fried bananas coated with sugar....my favorite! I could have literally eaten the whole box!"




No comments:

Post a Comment